Project period: 01.03.2009 - 31.08.2010
Organization "Polish Green Network" and International Public Organization “Ecoproject Partnership” are realizing a joint project “Multi-stakeholder Local Action Strength” – Improvement of local sustainable strategies and local actions development and implementation in three rural communities in Belarus with the aim to stimulate multistakeholder cooperation for the development and implementation of local sustainable development strategies.
Objectives of the project: improve access to ecological information, providing it and raising its understanding, develop cooperation and interaction among all the interested for solving problems of sustainable development on the local level.
Activities on the project:
• Training “How to organize initiative groups for local development. Participatory approach”. Experience of sustainable development of rural territories in Barycz Valley, Poland.
• Study visit to Barycz Valley (Poland) of 9 representatives of partner communities.
• Carrying out meetings in communities in Open Space format to reveal priority directions in work on sustainable development of the territory and work out pilot projects.
• Working out and publishing three informational brochures based on the results of work on the questions of sustainable development in three communities.
• Realization of pilot projects on the most actual problems revealed during the previous meetings.
• Final conference for presenting results of the project, results of the pilot projects and discussion of the possible ways of further work.
Partner: Polish Green Network