The urgency of implementing this project is due to the need to increase the awareness of teachers, schoolchildren and young people about the possibilities and efficiency of energy saving, especially practical energy saving measures using low-cost energy-saving technologies that can be used directly in the classroom, school or family.
Goals and objectives of the project:
- Raising the awareness of teachers and administrators of school educational institutions, students and their parents about the problems of energy conservation and the prospects for using renewable energy sources;
- Creation of an effective educational model in the field of energy saving and renewable energy sources with the involvement and active participation of teachers, students, families, local authorities and local communities;
- Introduction of low-cost practical-oriented measures for energy saving in schools and dwellings in schools, practical skills training in order to develop behavior that helps reduce consumption of non-renewable energy resources.
Project partners in Belarus:
- International Public Association "Ecoproject "Partnership" (IPO "Ecopartnership")
- Republican Ecological Center for Children and Youth.
- International State Environmental University named after A.D. Sakharov.
- Establishment of the "Environmental Solutions Center".
Schools from 17 countries of the CIS and Eastern Europe participate in the SPARE program.
Within the framework of the project activity it is stipulated:
• Correction and replication of educational materials on energy saving and resource saving, developed at the first stage of the SPARE project in Belarus.
• Filling in and supporting the work of the Internet portal SPARE-Belarus.
• Forming an electronic library on energy saving and renewable energy.
• Organization and conduct of practical training seminars for schoolchildren and teachers on practical actions for energy saving and economical use of resources;
• Organization and holding of national research competition on energy saving among schoolchildren.
• Acquisition of equipment for the educational and scientific complex "Volma" and the Regional Educational and Information Center for Radiation Safety.
• Organization and holding of round tables on energy saving and renewable energy in all regions of Belarus.
• Development of information materials.
IPO "Ecoproject "Partnership" within the framework of the project is responsible for the following activities:
• Preparation and publication of information materials for seminars-trainings (booklets, handouts).
• Preparation and holding of trainings on energy saving in schools.
• Preparation and holding of seminars on alternative energy sources.
• Preparation and holding of practical seminars-trainings on warming windows in schools.