Project Period: 01.05.2008 – 30.11.2010
Project Aims: The main purpose of this project is to involve experts at different levels into the energy managementand to maintain their interest and obligations.
Project target groups:
• Administrative staff and managers of the Belarusian industrial enterprises.
Main Activities in the Project:
•Organization of four individual workshops for companies taking part in the project:
- ‘Minsk Heating Equipment Plant’ JSC - 13 May 2009, 8 July 2009, 21 August 2009, 20 October 2009;
- ‘Minsk Paint and Varnish Plant’ - 12 May 2009, 7 July 2009, 18 August 2009, 22 October 2009;
- ‘Minsk Department of the Belarusian Railway’ UE - 15May 2009, 9 July 2009, 21 August 2009, 21 October 2009.
The purpose of these workshops is to collect an energy efficient framework data and to characterize the importantenergy consumption processes, to determine a current state of the relevant buildings/structures and to describe the available management tools and possible existing concepts of data collection and consultation services.
• Analysis of weaknesses and evaluation of opportunities for improvements and alternatives in energy consumption ofcompanies taking into consideration the energy political scenarios of country;
• The conference ‘Energy Management in Industry’ was held on 17 November 2009 at "Europe" Hotel in Minsk city, Belarus.
• Energy and economic framework data of selected industry enterprises have been analyzed and served as a basis toprovide consulting services on energy efficiency improvements;
• Proposals for rational use of energy by enterprises have been developed in compliance with the requirements and economic instruments in order to achieve national goals in the field of climate protection;
• The conference was arranged and had over 43 attendees;
• The concepts of rational energy consumption have been developed for the companies taking part in the project.